Tuesday 21 June 2011

Unst

Unst was brilliant. This was the view out of my window at the place I stayed in in Baltasound. I think it says more than mere words can offer.



It's so welcoming there's not just one but TWO "Welcome To Unst" signs as you get off the ferry. And look at that blue sky, I got pretty lucky with that!





This image is pretty typical of my driving experience on the island. Long straight roads, no cars.



Lots of weird hidden stuff too. This memorial was hidden round a side track near my hotel, by Baltasound Pier. What happened to the Swedish fishermen is unknown.





I don't normally take photos of random installations but this appears to be the Vodafone aerial - probably the only one on the island. I got five bars on my phone within 100 yards of it, and no bars anywhere else.



Back to the ferry port back to Yell. Hard to believe that this place, like most of Shetland, offers free wi-fi.



And a xylophone boat, how cool is that! And I did have a play of it, to the bemusement of a small handful of truckers and foreign tourists standing around.



No comments:

Post a Comment