Tuesday 21 June 2011

Lerwick

As the major city on the islands, hard to describe the feel of it. Big, empty and loving the Vikings, I think.



We didn't have a King Erik, did we?



This is pretty much the town square. Had a great bookshop by it though.



I have to admit that I love record shops but I didn't go into this one for some reason. Perhaps I might have bumped into an angry Clive, who is selling the shop according to a notice in the window. Perhaps he runs Shetland Turf Accountants which is situated in the basement.



Perhaps it was the pricing. Yes, that's right, you can buy this new album on cassette only for 12 quid!



Shetland's biggest department store! They have THREE departments, listed proudly on the shop. Toys are on the second floor, would that be the tiny dirty attic on top? They advertise in one of the local magazines saying "London has Harrods, we have Harry's!" Why do I automatically think of Ireland's biggest lingerie department?





Just opposite Harry's, towards the end of the main shopping street, is a well-preserved Georgian fort. It's always nice to see that in a town centre.





No comments:

Post a Comment