Monday 20 June 2011

Most Northernly This And That ...

It's great being in this part of the world, where everything is the most northernly this or that.

This wasn't even that far north - it was in Brae. Excellent fish and chips though, can't fault that.



Springer's Bar in Baltasound. I'm in here now, Monday evening, 10pm. There's about five people in here and they all look sad and/or mental. Unlike my visit to the Faroes, I won't be making a habit of engaging random people in random bars with random converstaion ...



This is a Methodist Church so does it even count? It's in Haroldswick which is a couple of miles to the north of here.



This is Britain's most northernly house, in Skaw - I'm pretty sure although there's nothing to say so. I had to drive up a cliff and avoid kamikaze sheep to reach this place.



This is probably the most northernly off licence and petrol station in the UK, in Baltasound. Probably close to being the most expensive petrol and diesel price, coming in about 20p a litre more than I'm paying in Essex at the moment.





This is definitely the most northernly post office. It says so in the window. And yes I did buy a postcard to get the special frank!





When I was in the off licence I bought a couple of bottles of White Wife beer, brewed by Britain's most northernly brewery, Valhalla. I think I found it driving around too ... it's basically beer that someone's knocked up in their shed.





Now this is just plain wrong. I found this maybe 25 miles south of Springers Bar, in Mid Yell.



No comments:

Post a Comment