Wednesday 1 June 2011

276: Art Brut, Ezra Furman, The Lexington, London

* Review now 10% geekier with addition of scanned ticket! Well, I don't get a lot of tickets like this any more so you have to treasure them.



Always a complete and utter pleasure to see Art Brut, especially in a small venue like the Lexington.



They're always good live but I don't remember a better gig than this. They just seem to be having so much fun with themselves and the audience. I love the whole "Ready Art Brut" thing to introduce each song - they obviously practice what they preach when they say "I'd have companionship as part of a team".



And I also got to see the bass player, Freddy! I know that sounds a bit of an odd thing when you go specifically to see a band but she normally hides herself so far back you don't have a chance on a bigger stage. Don't think I saw her stop smiling once.



There was a wildly varying setlist each day and I think I got lucky as this was the first time I saw them play my favourite Art Brut song, St Pauli.



And Lost Weekend. First time I've seen that live too.



Again have to thank the work of my trusty Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ7. I was standing right next to the speakers, as usual. I swear it listens to gigs better than my ears can, long may it prosper!

Art Brut were supported tonight by Ezra Furman and the Harpoons - who I caught the end of it - and Winter Olympics, who I sadly didn't. This is the Ezras, as I am sure they are called:



View all pics on Picasa:

No comments:

Post a Comment