Monday 20 June 2011

Bobby's Bus Shelter

This is the world's most famous bus shelter, in Baltasound. It has been dressed up for years after someone called Bobby wrote to the local paper to complain about the bus shelters, or something! If you look carefully you can see the Baltasound Hotel and Springers Bar on the right behind it. I am in Springers Bar right now, typing this up and drinking Tenants Ice Cold, which gets slightly better with every pint.



The Tall Ships Race is taking part at the moment, apparently having visited Baltasound today and going to Lerwick tomorrow. I haven't seen a single one yet, but that's why there are embroidered tall ships hanging up - whoever does all this goes to a lot of effort to keep it topical. The table has a programme for the race in German left by one of the crews and signed with today's date. The phone doesn't work (I did try).





I thought the Amstrad CPC6128 was a nice touch. It's been a long long time since I've seen one of these.



This is a nice touch too, albeit a bit bizzare, but I wholeheartedly approve. It's immediately in front of the shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment