Monday 13 May 2013

Part 6 - around VDNZh park

I was only in Moscow for 36 hours including sleep/bath/beer time and there was only so much I could go and see. Luckily there were quite a few things on my doorstep - the monorail to Ostantiko Tower and, even nearer, the VDNZh park. There were a number of monuments decked out ready for Victory Day which takes place on 9 May each year, and a funfair and big London Eye-type wheel (doesn't every big city have one now?)









I'm pretty sure this isn't an official Disneyland though.



Also opposite my hotel and before you reach the park is the Monument to the Conquerors of Space. It's a massive metal sculpture of a rocket complete with whoosh. It's hard to describe how brilliant this looks and I never tired of taking photos of it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment