Saturday 4 May 2013

From Billericay to Ulaanbaatar

I love travelling and have always had the Trans-Siberian Express high on my Things To Do list. However I'm not very keen on trains - I think I travelled no more than 2 hours on a train in the whole of 2012. However I have decided to do it anyway and due to some foolhardy reading I've also decided to do the whole thing by train from my home station of Billericay, because apparently it's cheating if you fly to Moscow and start it there.



The route I decided to take was the Trans-Mongolian train 004 from Moscow to Ulaanbaatar, rather than the proper Trans-Siberian to Vladivostok. This involved me changing trains at London (obviously), Brussels, Cologne, Warsaw and Kiev before I get to Moscow, with increasing amounts of time (although no more than a few hours usually) to spend in each one. Decided to go in May 2013 too, as I thought I might see a bit of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment