Saturday 25 September 2010

264: Rose Elinor Dougall, Southend Village Green

This event's been running a few years but it was the first time I managed to get down there - it's a free festival held in Chalkwell Park. It wasn't a full-blown music festival but Rose Elinor Dougall was playing there and after seeing and meeting her at Latitude I decided to wander down to see her again. The stage was pretty impressive - I like the way it was constructed like some piece of modern wooden furniture, with a surreal backdrop of the River Thames, about three miles wide at this point with the Isle of Grain in the background.



I saw Phill Jupitus wandering around and I bumped into Jim Bob (Carter USM) backstage, was hoping to see his set later in the day but was called away on work-related stuff.







View all pics on Picasa:

No comments:

Post a Comment